Posted: Oct 15 2018
Shihad New Zealand Tour
Nothing could tame the tremors of excitement among Kiwi rock aficionados as news broke out that iconic rock heroes, Shihad are embarking on a nationwide tour this October 2018. Shihad’s 30th Anniversary Tour will take them to different cities, kicking-off at Christchurch and taking the pandemonium to Wellington, New Plymouth, Hamilton, Auckland, and Mt. Maunganui.
“The General Electric” On Vinyl
The concert tour not only celebrates Shihad’s 30 years of perennial success. It also marks the first-time-ever vinyl release of the legendary album “The General Electric”, released twenty years ago and cemented the band’s solid reputation as sonic rock giants, delivering the hit singles 'My Mind's Sedate', 'The General Electric', 'Pacifier'.
Shihad Fast Facts:
- Circa 1988, founding members Jon Toogood and drummer Tom Larkin were highschoolers at Wellington High.
- A music shop sign in 1989 led to the discovery of guitarist Phil Knight.
- Long-time fan of the band, Karl Kippenberger took the stage in 1993 as the band’s current bassist.
- Five out of nine album releases went to #1 in the NZ Charts.
- The band survived a couple of name changes before officially settling with “Shihad”.
- They had toured alongside rock greats like Motorhead, Metallica, Faith No More, and AC/DC.
- They were inducted at the New Zealand Music Hall Of Fame in 2010.
"Shihad proved they're still New Zealand's best live rock band... they know how to get a crowd bouncing from the get-go..."
-- NZ Herald
That’s your cue to get yourself a ticket and grab this golden opportunity to witness New Zealand’s most treasured heavy rockers. Thirty years of great music, electric live showmanship, and irrepressible energy is definitely worth celebrating. In the meantime, don't forget to check out band shirts from our Online Store.
Cheers to the next 30 years, Shihad!
Shihad Ticket Info
- Ticket Price: NZ$72.50
- R18 event. Valid ID will be required upon entry.
- Tickets Available from Ticket Master